Legal warranty applies to all items that you purchase from us. Legal warranty means that a product is or must do what the consumer can expect in all reasonableness. A factory warranty may also apply to some products. This warranty does not affect the legal warranty.
If you have a product with a defect, which is purchased in our store and is within the warranty period, you can submit a return request using our returns form. When we have received the return request you will receive instructions from us.
Please note the following:
- Do not return an item without an RMA number. Returns that aren't registered correctly can be rejected
- Always add a copy of the purchase invoice with the shipment
- If possible, send the original packaging
- Business-to-Business (B2B) customers always bare the shipping costs for the return. Consumers receive a reimbursement of up to EUR 12.50 for shipping costs if the defect is covered by warranty.
- Warranty claims will not be accepted if the product has been soldered.
- Physical, visible damage to the returned products is not covered by warranty. In the event that a defect or damage is not covered under warranty, or the research shows that the product is working properly, we can charge EUR 15,00 to compensate for research costs.
Product specific information
Please check the troubleshooting forum on the official Raspberry Pi forums before submitting a warranty request. In 95% of the warranty requests we receive, the Raspberry Pi (or accessory) functions properly.
Because Adafruit products are projects/kits most of the time, technical support is offered by Adafruit. Before submitting the returns form to us, please make a topic on the support forum at Adafruit for technical support. If Adafruit suggests a replacement, then you can fill out the returns form and refer to the forumtopic. We can issue a replacement immediately then.